Forum Whistlowisko Strona Główna Whistlowisko

FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   UżytkownicyUżytkownicy   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Whistlowisko Strona Główna -> Bazar
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Jesse C.

PostWysłany: Pon Lut 21, 2011 7:34     Temat postu: What Am I Doing Wrong? Odpowiedz z cytatem

Hello My Name is Jesse Edward Coyle, I'm new to the Forum and also new to the Goldfinch Whistle. It's a fantastic instrument i can already play a few songs. But there is one song that is making me struggle so much, the song is "Morrison's Jig".
It's a fantastic Irish Jig, quite fast pace but even when i try taking it slow the first 8 measures in the song throw me off with the dramatic switch between high and low in the first octave. What happens is that in the first three notes i try and roll the notes with the lowest key and even in the switch between the 4th and 5th note no matter what i seem to accidentally go into the second octave . It happens over and over, and i must say im getting quite frustrated over this haha.
If any one knows what im doing wrong or if it's a problem with the whistle it'd be great if ya can help, and here's the sheet music.
http://www.cpmusic.com/tradgif/morrison.gif
przemek

PostWysłany: Pon Lut 21, 2011 9:32     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

hi!
welcome!
it's difficult to say anything without hearing, and i don't know how long you practice and play, but i think that the main advice is - rocksteady-
start with slow airs and practice quality of the sound, just practice single notes! and blow steady, don't change your blowing when you change the sound from lower note to the higher. Blowing must be the same, solid but not to strong. first task ,in my opinion, one beautiful, long, egual note.

hope it will help
michal18c

PostWysłany: Pon Lut 21, 2011 15:54     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

Hi. I like play irish ballads on tin whistle but fast tunes are very nice. I want to learn fast tunes as jigs, reels but in my opinion I need practice a lot. It's only one way to learn.

( sorry za mĂłj angielski)
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora
Jesse C.

PostWysłany: Pon Lut 21, 2011 18:19     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

your English is good! don't worry Smile, and alright thank you! Just gotta practice Practice practice it seems haha. thanks again
michal18c

PostWysłany: Pon Lut 21, 2011 23:06     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

When I got my first whistle I wanted play like experienced musican, but this is wrong way of thinking. I learned to play slow tunes like Foggy Dew, Fiddler's Green, Emigrant's Daughter. Now I'm trying to learn Snowy Path, The Butterfly, John Ryan's (well known tune called 'Irish Party In The Third Class' in Titanic movie), The Blood Of Cu ChĂşlainn or Swallowtail Jig. I hope someday I'll play fast tunes better.
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora
Jesse C.

PostWysłany: Pon Lut 21, 2011 23:26     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

i see... alright thank you thank makes sense!
Feaorn

PostWysłany: Pią Lut 25, 2011 15:41     Temat postu: An issue? Odpowiedz z cytatem

What was an issue in my case and might be in yours was that it needs somehow to differentiate between higher air "amount" and "pressure" you need to get to the second octave. As I started, I tried to give a lot of both to get to the higher register, which is not always a good idea. Wink As you will get hang of the octave jumps, you'll notice you don't really need much -more- air to get higher, but just "pressure" and operating with this "pressure", or "attack", is probably the key so as not to overblow the lower notes. At least, that's my experience.

Good luck! Smile

One more technical detail - to keep things nice and clear, ask Whistle-related questions simply in the "Whistle" section. "Bazar" is aimed for those, who buy or sell things. Wink
Jesse C.

PostWysłany: Sob Lut 26, 2011 5:54     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

interesting... alright thankyou ill practice more on that.

and as for the topic, i'm sorry i'll make sure to get the topics down Very Happy
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Whistlowisko Strona Główna -> Bazar Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: