Forum Whistlowisko Strona Główna Whistlowisko

FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   UżytkownicyUżytkownicy   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

Second Octave high notes

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Whistlowisko Strona Główna -> Whistle
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Jesse C.

PostWysłany: Sob Lut 26, 2011 19:43     Temat postu: Second Octave high notes Odpowiedz z cytatem

After trying to play a Song from a T.V. Series, the song is called "Inner Light" and a very short while into the song, you go into the second octave to the highest notes. The problem I'm having is that i Am finding it highly difficult to Pressure or over blow to get to the highest note and the note that is just below it (the note second octave note when you cover none of the holes), especially that second to last highest note.

Any advice?
michal18c

PostWysłany: Sob Lut 26, 2011 22:50     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

Do you have problem with C# in the second octave?
Read infos on http://wikihow.com/Play-the-Tin-Whistle
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora
Jesse C.

PostWysłany: Nie Lut 27, 2011 0:02     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

let's see, on that chart you gave me, i am having problems with going up to third octave D to C#, and keep the C# and third octave D because i accidently go to the lower octave of those notes especially C# and third octave D.

I also mess up in the Switch from C# to B back to C# and continue that second Octave when what i keep doing is going back down to the first octave.
michal18c

PostWysłany: Nie Lut 27, 2011 1:06     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

Hmm... I must to check this chart - maybe it's to hard to play it on whistle. When I first time learned this song I did it by ears (I wrote sheet notes in my notebook step by step playing along with mp3 of 'Inner Light' orchestral version on my whistle). At now I'm going to Flickr and check it ;D If it will possible I make trascription for whistle, please be patient Smile
Powrót do góry
Jesse C.

PostWysłany: Nie Lut 27, 2011 7:15     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

truth be told, i actually found it hard to learn your sheet music... it was confusing... but now i understand that it was the Orchestral version, and thats why there were so many rests. but still i took it on myself to learn by ear of the original (the one plaid at the last 45 seconds of the TV series Episode)

and thats how I came across the third octave D and C# and found it to be difficult
michal18c

PostWysłany: Sro Mar 02, 2011 7:46     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

Third octave is difficult to play, but is one important thing to remember - you should care for ears 'cause high sound of whistle is unfriendly for it.
Powrót do góry
Jesse C.

PostWysłany: Czw Mar 03, 2011 0:20     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

yes... i don't think i can hear the difference between second octave C and third octave D :/ it sounds very screetchy
michal18c

PostWysłany: Czw Mar 03, 2011 9:30     Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

You can play 2D note like this mouth piece from this side ->: xxxxxx or oxxxxx (x - covered hole, o - open hole). You can read about third octave here -> http://www.rogermillington.com/siamsa/brosteve/ask.html
Don't give up, I made transcription of 'Inner Light' - still high notes but no 3C#.
Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Whistlowisko Strona Główna -> Whistle Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: